Tuesday, May 13

Watching movie

I always thought that my two girl cousins are the smartest wives I have known. This is because they moved to a happening Damansara commercial area once they got married. I am talking about Ikano Power Centre, IKEA, Tesco and The Curve being just five minutes drive from their homes. Don’t you get it? Ladies and shopping, hello!

However, guess who recently turned out to be smarter? That is right! In fact, I am a genius! Because when I got married, my husband got a house near a commercial area which is only two minutes away on foot. I am not kidding! I have evidence to prove this.

If you look at the photo above, I am standing on the inside of our private apartment’s gate. The building in the background, which has blue and green lights is Singapore’s first 24-hour lifestyle and entertainment complex called e!Hub. It has FairPrice supermarket, Cathay Cineplex, a bowling centre, restaurants, shops and even an indoor mini Ferris wheel! Just imagine, I could do grocery shopping in my pajama, how about that? Or Abi and I could catch a movie at 4 in the morning, how cool is that?

Just last Saturday, my husband and I went out for a movie. We bought the tickets in the afternoon for that night’s show. Of course I cooked dinner for us as promised. We took our own sweet time to eat and you know what? Abi said dinner was OK. OK is good. At least good enough for me. I will cook better next time. After cleaning up the dining hall and kitchen, I hit for the bathroom for a quick shower. We only left our house five minutes before the movie started. How convenient!

We watched Iron Man and speaking of the movie, it sucked actually. If it was not because the respect I have for Robert Downey, Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, I would have left the cinema and walk straight home, literally. Besides the predictable lame storyline, repeated jokes that are not funny really boring me. Plus, I would not know how to appreciate special effects because they always look unnatural to me. Luckily I have a husband for me to seek comfort while watching that. Anyway, that is how my weekend night was spent.

No comments: